Thursday, August 26, 2010

Strength is everywhere


Strength can be visible and tangible, sometimes dangerous and other times peaceful. But how can I feel strength and peace when faced with difficult challenges in life? Despite what I know about my own personal belief system, I experience fear in the wake of adversity and shaken faith often causes me to rethink my strategy for overcoming life changing events. I can either duck and take the path of least resistance or take it head on with the tools of knowledge, faith and determination. Since Dani was diagnosed with cancer in April 2010 I’ve had to take a double look at my life, realigned values, priorities, and commitment to sacrifice what is most important to me and that is family. Without family, nothing really matters. Putting God closer to me and my family means greater strength, exercising faith to know that Dani will make it through her life changing event becomes more tangible every day. The more faith I exercise displaces the fear that often times destroy s inhibitions to move forward in life.

1 comment:

  1. Good post honey! Somehow we will get through this....with faith! No matter the outcome we must keep our faith! Love u tons.

    ReplyDelete